Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Auburn Experience-Camp War Eagle Style

     When asked why i was attending Auburn by my counselor at camp war eagle, I simply said: Cam Newton of course. I should have known that things would be rough when barely anyone laughed and most took me seriously.  To attend Auburn University, each incoming freshman must participate in a two day, one night camp to become acquainted with the campus, be briefed on Auburn rules and expectations, and make sure you know exactly what you're getting into. These camps are rumored to be a big ball of awkward and for the most part, it's kinda true.
     I was a procrastinator and didn't sign up for camp with the other 30 or so trinity students so i was stepping into camp basically blindfolded with no hope of knowing anyone. Great since I love people so much. Upon arriving, I was accosted at my vehicle by several smiling, orange clad, name tag bearing camp  counselors taking my bags, handing me papers, and ushering me to the next level of the parking deck so I could go to orientation and breakfast. Doug and Melin were enrolled into the parent's portion of the camp but they got to return home after the first day to sleep in their own bed...I had to spend the night in a dorm room with a complete stranger and two other complete strangers sharing my bathroom. personal space was nonexistent at camp WE. After eating a spoonful of yogurt and trying to maneuver through the throngs of people in the student center, we finally made it to orientation. I was soon separated from the rents and told to check in. i was in owen where i met my roommates and suit-mates. My roommate knew me from youth leg and she was korean. I'm sorry, i suck at names. One of my suit-mates reminded me of someone off seventeen magazine and was from ohio. The other was Brianna and she was in group 24 with me (you get separated into small groups of about 13 people). She liked rap...catch my drift.
     Our group leader was Kensey and he was fratastic. I had the most random group EVER. Lemme break it down: 1 naive, navy brat. 1 genius, 1 guy with pink mohawk and lip ring done himself, 2 guys who looked like twins but didn't know each other, 1 random, confused girl, 1 guy who reminded me of Tpain, 1 super cool dude with a faux-hawk, 2 typical sorority hopefuls (1 i liked a whole lot more), 1 interior designer, and me. categorize me as you wish. Our groups played games, suffered through the severe heat and ants bites, and underwent several alcohol/rape/social issue classes. We also had to all eat together and answer some difficult questions honestly, no problem there. I tried to find one good thing about each person in my group and I succeeded as best I could. I ran into some people I knew along the way and met tons of new people. Taking tours of the campus, despite the incorrigible heat, was a serious lifesaver. I really did learn a lot. Sure, we had lame things like late night activities, skits, pep rallies, and generic conversations but I did have some fun. I met some really awesome people, learned how to make a schedule and more about my major, rode around in a pimped out van with some counselors, reason? my friend hurt her ankle and i got to be transported with her. ballin. Toomer's was yummy and i was so happy when i got to go to sleep that night and learned my roommate didn't really speak unless she was calling her mom and spoke in korean. The water pressure was amazing but i don't wanna have to share a bathroom. Ok, this is such a long post but that was my trip! I move to Auburn in 26 days and i'm really excited. I'm still not 100% sure I made the correct decision of going to Auburn but we'll see.
   So, I survived camp war eagle. Me, the girl who hates being around annoying people. Sure, I got to make fun of plenty of new subjects but i'm just glad i got to see my new home and glimpse my upcoming freedom.
LEH GO
Alright Tiger fans! Get your hands up for Bodda Getta!!
ARE. YOU. READY?
Bodda Getta, Bodda Getta, Bodda Getta, Bah
Rah Rah Rah Ciss Boom Bah
Weagle, Weagle, War Damn Eagle
ok stop. basta.
And Scene.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment